There have been multiple mountain lion(Puma councolor) sightings on the west side of Town (mountain side). We encourage all residents and visitors to be aware of their presence and take the necessary steps to prevent any life-threatening human/wildlife interactions.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Make sure ALL trash is disposed of in proper wildlife resistant containers.
- Be aware of tracks, scratch marks and sign (scat) in your yard and surrounding areas.
- Monitor your pets when they are outdoors in the evening, dawn and dusk.
- Enclose all small livestock in predator proof enclosures.
- If you see a mountain lion, or a bear, stand your ground. Do not run. Make noise and move with purpose.
Genoa has notified the Department of Wildlife (NDOW) and we will keep you updated on any response from the Agency.
If you have seen mountain lions on your property please contact the Town with a location and time of the sighting.
Latest posts by Robert Stiles (see all)
- What’s Up with Real Estate Prices in the Carson Valley? - May 2, 2021
- Sweeten the Deal! - April 22, 2021
- February Real Estate Update - March 8, 2021