The Clerk-Treasurer’s office has always taken great pride in delivering quality, efficient, customer service and we hope to continue with that tradition during this unprecedented time. In response to COVID-19, and in an abundance of caution, our office is implementing the following changes, effective immediately and until further notice:
1. Appointments for all in-person transactions are now required.
a. Treasurer (775) 782-9017 or firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Clerk (775) 782- 9014 or email@example.com
c. Elections (775) 783-6095 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Passport and DMV services have been suspended.
3. Tahoe General Services, including Saturday Marriage Licenses services, is closed until further notice.
4. When possible, please postpone visits or utilize the following online methods:
a. To register to vote, print mail-in ballot, forms and find more election information, please visit: https://cltr.douglasnv.us/elections/ or govotedouglas.com.
b. To make tax payment, please visit: https://cltr.douglasnv.us/online-payments/
c. To apply for a marriage license, please visit : https://cltr.douglasnv.us/Marriage/
d. To print Fictitious Firm Name applications, please visit: https://cltr.douglasnv.us/formsdownload-center/fictitious-firm-name-filing/
e. To find out more about applying for an outdoor festival permit, please visit: https://cltr.douglasnv.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/festivalapp.pdf
f. To apply to be a wedding officiant, please visit: https://cltr.douglasnv.us/generalinformation/marriage-information/minister-instructions/
5. If online method not available, please send completed paperwork, and if applicable, payment via USPS.
Mail completed paperwork to: Douglas County Clerk-Treasurer PO BOX 3000 Minden, NV 89423
6. If you must appear in person, you must schedule an appointment. Appointments will allow us to limit gatherings of more than 10 people and ensure safe social distancing.
a. To limit interaction, a drop box will be utilized, when possible, to collect payment and paperwork.
b. Please bring check or money order for your transaction.
c. If you are paying in cash, please bring exact change.
d. Receipts and documentation will be mailed to you.
7. To file a petition for signature verification or withdraw your candidacy, please call or email the election office to schedule an appointment.