Single family sales have declined thus far this year in the Carson Valley. We have only had 71 home sales this year as compared to 90 in 2020. This is quite a change as compared to Douglas County up at the Lake where sales have more than doubled this year. Lack of inventory is the likely culprit as there are only 34 properties currently on the market starting at a price point of $228,000. To learn more about our local communities visit www.CarsonValleyCommunities.com.
The Valley Knolls Subdivision has begun some construction and grading work, according to Douglas County’s Public Information Officer Melissa Blosser.
The Valley Knolls Development is located in north Douglas County at the east end of Topsy Lane. It will have up to 178 single family units and 96 triplex units.
The development was approved in 2018 and also included a community center and recreational facilities; however, it is unclear if these buildings are still planned.
Building of the Valley Knolls Development should begin in a few months, said Blosser.
Learn more about our local communities by visiting our Communities page.
January 2021 sales started off to a slow start compared to 2020 in the Carson Valley. Total sales declined from 61 units in 2020 to only 43 last month. The largest drop in sales occurred in the Downtown areas of Minden/Gardnerville. The good news for current homeowners was the median sales price increase from $457,000 in January 2020 to $520,000 last month. Days on market for those looking to sell declined from 108 days last January to 79 days last month. Unfortunately for those looking to purchase I expect the upward price trend to continue into 2021. For assistance in your area call Robert Stiles at 775-309-8454.
Chichester Estates has had 33 homes sold within its community this year. Last year through the same time period (1/1 – 9/26) we had 30 sales. Homeowners will be happy to know the median sales price also increased from $374,500 to $387,000 this year. If you’re looking to sell, the average days on market is 48 as compared to 63 last year. Chichester Estates has a homeowners association with annual dues of only $60. This money goes to pay their management company which oversees their CC & R’s.
For more information on this community or others within the Carson Valley contact Robert Stiles, REALTOR®, Broker NV.B1001136 at 775-309-8454. Visit our website at https://www.carsonvalleycommunities.com/.
|In a disappointing move this evening, Governor Sisolak extended the eviction moratorium. (See the Original Directive #25 here)|
This extension would continue the prohibition on evictions based on non-payment of rent. Other types of evictions such as those due to damage, crime or danger to a tenant or other occupant, were lifted August 1, and are not affected by this recent extension. Nevada REALTORS® recognizes the hardship that this places on landlords.
The extremely short time notice given thrusts landlords planning a valid eviction for non-payment into a skidding halt. Further, while tenants have had access to financial relief from many sources, landlords have gone over 5 months in some cases without seeing rent from the very tenants who are receiving the government relief.
Open houses and in-person showings of tenant-occupied properties are still prohibited.
We had 64 residential sales in the Carson Valley during March. A 33% increase from the 48 sales in March of 2019. The median sales price also increased from $440,000 to $490,000 as well as the average days on market from 105 to 120 days. Most of this year’s March sales occurred in the Minden/Gardnerville downtown areas (16). Johnson Lane had 12 sales, the Ranchos eight and Genoa had six. For those curious if any properties were withdrawn from the market there were 13 withdrawn this year as compared to only 7 last March. Agents are finding other ways to show your property at this time. I have been using video for my listings as well as for buyers not wanting to venture inside our current listings. I am also wearing gloves at this time and have noticed owners placing sanitizer near their front doors for everyone’s use. Be safe everyone. Learn more by visiting CarsonValleyCommunities.com for more information. Call 775-309-8454 to schedule an appointment.
The Clerk-Treasurer’s office has always taken great pride in delivering quality, efficient, customer service and we hope to continue with that tradition during this unprecedented time. In response to COVID-19, and in an abundance of caution, our office is implementing the following changes, effective immediately and until further notice:
1. Appointments for all in-person transactions are now required.
a. Treasurer (775) 782-9017 or email@example.com
b. Clerk (775) 782- 9014 or firstname.lastname@example.org
c. Elections (775) 783-6095 or email@example.com
2. Passport and DMV services have been suspended.
3. Tahoe General Services, including Saturday Marriage Licenses services, is closed until further notice.
4. When possible, please postpone visits or utilize the following online methods:
a. To register to vote, print mail-in ballot, forms and find more election information, please visit: https://cltr.douglasnv.us/elections/ or govotedouglas.com.
b. To make tax payment, please visit: https://cltr.douglasnv.us/online-payments/
c. To apply for a marriage license, please visit : https://cltr.douglasnv.us/Marriage/
d. To print Fictitious Firm Name applications, please visit: https://cltr.douglasnv.us/formsdownload-center/fictitious-firm-name-filing/
e. To find out more about applying for an outdoor festival permit, please visit: https://cltr.douglasnv.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/festivalapp.pdf
f. To apply to be a wedding officiant, please visit: https://cltr.douglasnv.us/generalinformation/marriage-information/minister-instructions/
5. If online method not available, please send completed paperwork, and if applicable, payment via USPS.
Mail completed paperwork to: Douglas County Clerk-Treasurer PO BOX 3000 Minden, NV 89423
6. If you must appear in person, you must schedule an appointment. Appointments will allow us to limit gatherings of more than 10 people and ensure safe social distancing.
a. To limit interaction, a drop box will be utilized, when possible, to collect payment and paperwork.
b. Please bring check or money order for your transaction.
c. If you are paying in cash, please bring exact change.
d. Receipts and documentation will be mailed to you.
7. To file a petition for signature verification or withdraw your candidacy, please call or email the election office to schedule an appointment.
Upcoming Tax Sale – March 25, 2020
Our annual property tax sale is being held on March 25, 2020 starting at 10:00 am online at www.bid4assets.com/douglasnv. Please visit this website for a list of parcels.
Please note the following bidding instructions:
· No bid less than the amount of delinquent taxes, delinquent assessments, interest, penalties and costs will be accepted.
· Property sold at the auction may still be subject to remaining principal and accruing interest due on assessments or perpetual liens, which are not extinguished by the sale, as set forth in the Nevada Revised Statues.
· Buyer is responsible for the real property transfer fees and recording fees.
· All sales will be made subject to existing right of way and easements of Douglas County, Nevada and the State of Nevada.
· DOUGLAS COUNTY RECOMMENDS THAT ALL PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OBTAIN A TITLE SEARCH ON THE PROPERTY OR PROPERTIES THEY ARE INTERESTED IN AS DOUGLAS COUNTY DOES NOT GUARANTEE TITLE.
· Further information concerning the sale may be obtained from the Treasurer’s office at 775-782-9018 or on our website https://cltr.douglasnv.us/treasurytaxes/tax-sales/or by consulting the records of the Douglas County Assessor and the Douglas County Recorder.
We had ten new single family listings last week. Seven of those were located in Gardnerville, three in Minden. Housing inventory retreated with 16 local properties entering escrow and 8 sold. We’ve had 118 sales since the beginning of the year with a median sales price of $443,000. Days on market has averaged 103 days. Last year at this time we had a total of 105 sales with a median sales price of $450,000. Average days on market was 123 days. There are currently 113 single family homes on the market in the Carson Valley. If you would like information about your neighborhood community please don’t hesitate to contact me at 775-309-8454. Robert Stiles, REALTOR® BS.1001136 NV CHASE INTERNATIONAL
There have been multiple mountain lion(Puma councolor) sightings on the west side of Town (mountain side). We encourage all residents and visitors to be aware of their presence and take the necessary steps to prevent any life-threatening human/wildlife interactions.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Make sure ALL trash is disposed of in proper wildlife resistant containers.
- Be aware of tracks, scratch marks and sign (scat) in your yard and surrounding areas.
- Monitor your pets when they are outdoors in the evening, dawn and dusk.
- Enclose all small livestock in predator proof enclosures.
- If you see a mountain lion, or a bear, stand your ground. Do not run. Make noise and move with purpose.
Genoa has notified the Department of Wildlife (NDOW) and we will keep you updated on any response from the Agency.
If you have seen mountain lions on your property please contact the Town with a location and time of the sighting.